How to turn yesterday's bread into today's treasure
Blackened, blistered and brain-bendingly brilliant, the food that slides out of Ester’s mighty woodfired oven has won this unassuming Chippendale fine diner legions of dedicated, die-hard fans. For chef Mat Lindsay, though, it isn’t the cauliflowers or prawns they serve up – popular as they may be – that really get him going, but rather the bread they bake that makes it to the next day.
Yes, at Ester, yesterday’s loaves become today’s treasure, transforming into a dizzyingly diverse range of dishes that span the full course of a meal – from soups, salads and sauces through crumbs, caramels and vinegars to, of course, their infamous leftover sourdough ice cream. In this, Ester’s first book, Mat reveals his recipes for all these and much, much more (the extended essay on the Endless Possibilities of Toast is, in our humble opinion, worth the price of admission alone).
A book on bread always deserves a medal in our book, but more than anything we salute Mat here for having the last word on the question we’re all desperate to have answered after a lifetime in lockdown – what on earth are we to do with those last bits of a loaf that are too stale to eat but that we can’t bring ourselves to bin?
Gluten intolerant? Look elsewhere. Everyone else? Instant classic.
96 Page paperback
SHIPPING: PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PURCHASE
- Take away books are made available for pre-order for a period of 10 business days.
- In this time, the title needs to meet a minimum pre-order number of 100 copies in order for the book to be made.
- IF pre-order demand is not met, then the site will effectively act as a crowdfunding site and will forward all generated money (minus our $50 listing fee) to the Author/Venue. There are no refunds.
- Turn around time from approval to printed books in mail is 6-8 weeks.
- Please follow Somekind on Instagram or join the mailing list (below) to follow the progress of this title.
UPDATE: This title has been successfully funded and will remain on sale.
Cover: Mock up only*
IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT MULTIPLE TITLES PLEASE READ:
All books will be sent together once the final title has gone to print. This may mean a longer wait time for your order. If any of the titles do not successfully make it to print, you will only receive the titles which have been successfully funded, with the remaining funds generated going to the venue.
Use this banner to inform customers about special features for your products, or various promotions like free shipping.