Maker & Monger978-0-6450173-3-5
Maker & Monger
Talk Dairy to Me
A window into the world of fromage from Prahran market's very own Cheese Chapel
Nestled at the heart of Melbourne’s bustling Prahran Market is Maker & Monger, the city’s very own ‘Chapel of Cheese’ and home to an exquisitely curated collection of the finest farmhouse and artisan cheeses available anywhere in Australia. Here the purpose-built maturation room and 7-metre long climate-controlled counter that house these choicest of cheeses are accompanied by a kitchen offering not only their infamous toasties, but a selection of seasonal dishes that highlight the exceptional produce of the surrounding stalls and suppliers. Cheese heaven, in other words.
In this little book, founder Anthony Femia pulls, prods and presses his insane knowledge of all things fromage into one tidy little package, outlining the maker and monger philosophy, running through the cheese making (and ‘monging’) processes in detail, divulging the dairy do’s and don’ts and offering up a selection of the finest cheese-centric recipes to be found anywhere on the planet (and yes, before you ask, toasties feature prominently). Yup, we’re getting down and talking dairy to you, but we’d like to think we’re doing so at the very highest level. This is cheese as art, as religion, as life itself. Tasty doesn’t even begin to cover it.
96 Page paperback
SHIPPING: PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PURCHASE
- Take away books are made available for pre-order for a period of 10 business days.
- In this time, the title needs to meet a minimum pre-order number of 100 copies in order for the book to be made.
- IF pre-order demand is not met, then the site will effectively act as a crowdfunding site and will forward all generated money (minus our $50 listing fee) to the Author/Venue. There are no refunds.
- Turn around time from approval to printed books in mail is 8-12 weeks.
- Please follow Somekind on Instagram or join the mailing list (below) to follow the progress of this title.
THIS BOOK HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY FUNDED AND WILL REMAIN ON SALE UNTIL PRINT
Cover: Mock up only*
IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT MULTIPLE TITLES PLEASE READ:
All books will be sent together once the final title has gone to print. This may mean a longer wait time for your order. If any of the titles do not successfully make it to print, you will only receive the titles which have been successfully funded, with the remaining funds generated going to the venue.
Use this banner to inform customers about special features for your products, or various promotions like free shipping.